We are learning there are many things we can do to help the environment. One thing we can do is carry reusable bags when we shop. In doing a little research on plastic & paper bags vs. reusable we thought you might be interested to know:
- A plastic bag takes about 450 years to biodegrade (That's just ONE bag! How many does your family use in a year?)
- To make paper bags creates 70% more pollution than it does to make plastic bags.
- Reusable bags save water. (The recipe for paper bags uses 1 part pulp and 400 parts water...WOW!! That's a LOT of water!)
- Reusable bags saves sea animals (Plastic bags often end up in the oceans & lakes and many sea creatures mistake the plastic for food)
- According to The Wall Street Journal, the U.S. goes through 100 billion plastic bags a year. It takes about 12 million barrels of oil to make that many plastic bags.
You can find many more reasons to go with Reusables over plastic & paper bags at ReuseThisBag.com.
We hope you will consider the option of the Reusable Bags when you shop at Lowe's or any other store you choose to do your shopping. Thanks again to the folks at Lowe's for their generous donation! Thanks to Annette's parents for helping make this happen for us!
For more information on Resuable bags, visit: