Tuesday, September 28, 2010
A big (and FUN) part of our day is TUB TIME! During Tub Time we work on our math skills. Right now we work on may different skills such as sorting, counting, graphing, and more. At Tub Time we can build with blocks. We play with Uni-fix Cubes. We can trace templates of shapes. We look at treasures (key, buttons, shells, bottle caps, etc.). There can be 5 kids at each tub. There are 9 tubs to choose from. We go to a new tub whenever we want. We don't have to wait for the lights to go out or for Mrs. Blakely to tell us to change tubs. We just have to clean up where we are working and then go to a different tub. We have geo-bands and Geoboards. We play with dominoes, pattern blocks and tiles too. Take a look at the kids working hard and having fun at TUB TIME: (note: the PM class helped write this post) ;-)
Friday, September 17, 2010
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Friday, September 10, 2010
- Which column had the most?
- Which had the fewest?
- Were there any columns that were the same/equal?
- Were there any columns that didn't have ANY?
Next compare the AM Graph with the PM Graph:
- Are there any columns that have the same/equal number of names?
- Was the column with the most the same for both classes?
- Was the column with the fewest the same for both classes?
- Was the column that didn't have ANY the same?
What else do you notice about the graphs?
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Friday, September 3, 2010
- In the A.M. Class, are there more boys or girls? How many more?
- In the P.M. Class, are there more girls or boys? How many more?
- Comparing the A.M. girls with the P.M. girls, which class has more girls? How many more?
- Do the same for the A.M. boys & the P.M. boys.
- Which class has the most students?
- How many students in all?
- What else do you notice about the graph?
Right side= P.M.
(boys are on left side of each graph)
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
It seems the quality of the video is better with the smaller veiwer (not fit to screen). I will see if I can get better quality. (sorry!)